Welcome to the Forums

Default Transparency on current status of BH guild in-game

Hello all!

I sent a PM to Daylar, but it occurred to me that someone may log in and be subjected to a "rude" surprise. In interest of avoiding misunderstandings and being transparent, I wanted to post a public "heads up" in case someone encounters this before I resolve it with Daylar.

-----

Recently, after untold years of not playing SWTOR, I logged in and the game automatically made me guildmaster and demoted Daylar's toon. I'm guessing it was due to everyone not having played in many years and the game was programmed to allow active players to preserve a "dead"/"dying" guild.

I also got distracted, invested a lot of real world resources, and made many changes to the bank, ranks and such. My intention was to revive the guild in that game and allow some active players ( mostly including family and real-life friends, but not solely ) to enjoy the game/guild.

However, I came to realize this was very foolish and impulsive, and now I painted myself into a corner where I had invested so much, including hundreds of real $, into something I was "not the rightful owner of". In my defense, at the time I assumed it would be okay because "no-one" was playing this game anyway, so no-one would ever mind or know of the situation.

This, of course is the wrong way of going about things. As I said, I have PM'd Daylar and hopefully he will run into this development and respond with much needed guidance, but I didn't want anyone to "hear first from the game" and get the wrong impression on what had happened.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Exaelitus; January 14th, 2020 at 07:57 PM.
    0-Dave
    ================================================== =====================
    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill

"Whenever I want to do something, I ask myself, 'Would an idiot do that?' If the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

Sorry, just saw your messages. No worries on the changes, I do believe SWTOR among other MMO's do cycle guildmaster if accounts are inactive. Hope you're having fun, I have been rolling around back in ESO for a while now with friends and really enjoying it.

Dayz
    Daylar de'Otaros
    Master Bard of the Burning Heart

"Striving for perfection, when the only perfect thing I have is weakness..."

Quote Originally Posted by Daylar View Post
    Sorry, just saw your messages. No worries on the changes, I do believe SWTOR among other MMO's do cycle guildmaster if accounts are inactive. Hope you're having fun, I have been rolling around back in ESO for a while now with friends and really enjoying it.

Dayz

Awesome, thanks for your understanding! I will probably be making changes in an effort to breathe new life into it in the game.

I'll also have to look into re-installing ESO! =) ( An illness and then my computer dying kinda derailed my playing ESO, I had forgotten all about it. )

Hope you and your family are staying healthy!
    0-Dave
    ================================================== =====================
    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill

"Whenever I want to do something, I ask myself, 'Would an idiot do that?' If the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."