PDA

View Full Version : Game Update 1.2

Kugin
April 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120401

lol

Fireangel
April 1st, 2012, 09:15 PM
Weird. Not sure if I'll pop in there again or not. Thanks for the info., Kugin. :)

Svib
April 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Check today's date and its possible ramifications :)

And yes, I am still active... sort of.

Cheers
Svibbie

FinbarForbes
April 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
I still have a subscription until May I think. I am giving the game until patch 1.2 a chance, though I haven't been on in a few weeks. Spring break this week, so I will have a little time to play, but have assignments to do before the semester ends. All-in-all, I anticipated the game for four years, and overall it's been a complete let down. Way too easy to level up, and I generally hate repeating daily quests. For a game that had so much promise, it fell short by quite a far distance. I'm not sure I will try another MMORPG in the future.

On a side-note, ME3, with the exception of not liking the ending(s), is enjoyable, even in replaying the game.

Hmphf, maybe I'm getting too old for this computer gaming stuff......hmmm, nah! :p

Svib
April 3rd, 2012, 12:34 AM
From where I'm standing, I still say it's a good game as far as non-sandbox MMOs go. Right now I have a level 50 Marauder who goes on a total of seven daily missions per day (takes me about an hour, all of them on Belsavis). Admittedly a slow gear-up for the ear and implant items (already have the various mods and whatnots you get from the mission support vendor), but it keeps me from getting burned out on daily repeatable quests. My remaining time is spent on leveling a 45 Agent and a currently 24 Inquisitor. The overall idea is to put together a crafting chain for all my characters. Regarding endgame gear-ups, you could start with Black Talon (or the Rebel equivalent) missions in hardmode. These are the easiest to master and quite forgiving if your gear is still standard level 50. Other than that, engage in PvP, do space missions or whatever else comes to mind. While not perfect, I think SWTOR has a lot to offer to the casual player as opposed to hardcore raiding on WoW which required real effort and lots of hours on a weekly basis.
Cheers, Svibbie

Daylar
April 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
I share much the same sentiments. Lots of potential, a fair letdown to this point. My account is active until the end of this month, and I am curious to see about patch 1.2, but I'm keeping any hope in check. Glad you're still enjoying it Svib..

Svib
April 3rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Out of curiosity: What exactly do you miss?
I mean I guess we all very well knew that we weren't going to get a reincarnated version of SWG, right? Which means it was to be expected that we'd be playing the typical "get to 50" - "do dailies" - "branch out into pvp or raids" game. And in that regard, the game has not disappointed. Other than that, yes, the road to 50 is not comparable to WoW (in its oldest form, it took ages) or LOTRO even. Then again, neither LOTRO nor WoW offered you hour after hour of scripted, storylined quests. Across four different types of characters on two very interesting sides/factions. My suggestion: Get your toons into gear (literally), do hardmode flashpoints and get yourself into operations. That should give you a target and something to work towards. But that's basically what I'll be doing. So what are your complaints?
Cheers
Svibbie

Fireangel
April 3rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
I patched and then found out my SW:TOR payment on my account is up, and don't want to put more into it, so as far as I know ... as things stand ... I will not be back into that realm. I'm happy that you're still enjoying it, Svib. :) Personally, I really went into SW:TOR for Daylar. Lol, it's true. I had ment to join all of you in Star Wars Galaxy and didn't get there, so gave the SW genre a try this time, even though it didn't appeal to me immensely. I did have fun for awhile. I never got too much into the crafting (don't know why ... too detached??) and I felt cut off from my guild most of the time. New members joined, but didn't stay -- I don't blame them. Perhaps I expect too much,... or maybe I'm just too old to settle for it now. I don't really know. I've gone back to LOTRO, but have no idea how long I'll be there. Love you people!

Kugin
April 12th, 2012, 02:40 PM
1.2 is live today 4/12/12.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120412-1

BeliMawr
April 15th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Since update 1.2 things arent as easy as they were, Dalies tougher now. Mobs hit harder and my heals are not as big now. Enjoyed setting up my Famly tree. have to create a female toon now so Furm has a wife lol. Ui customazation is nice. oh and we all got 30 days free game time, might want to check your emails. Anyways I am still enjoying the game. Not much out there to play right now, 3 years in wow was enough for me, 2 years in Lotro, did everything there up to the latest update, so I guess will hang with swtor for now.

Holds on to the Force
Belimawr

Fireangel
April 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I patched and went into SWTOR, picked up my mail, did a little playing ... went out again.

Svib
April 17th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Haven't really had a chance yet to look at patch 1.2 but plan on doing so sometime this week. From reading the patch notes it does seem, however, that they have addressed quite a few features and problems in the game.

BeliMawr
April 18th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Daylar, money bags, get on and buy us a guild bank :)

Beli