PDA

View Full Version : Guild Meeting Notes - 1/15/2012

Daylar
January 16th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Here is a very brief summary of items discussed last night:

Guild Events: We need to start planning weekly guild events. This can be flashpoints, world bosses, heroic quests, crafting resource drives, etc. This has been posted before, but there is a lot of solo play going on. Make an effort to start grouping and helping each other out. My nomination for guild nights is Thurdsays. Please add your thoughts below.
Members & Recruits: A reminder of our recruiting process. We should make effort to group with recruits, chat and hang out with them. Likewise, I encourage you recruits to seek out members. There is no set time period for 'recruit' status. When the council deems one is worth of full membership, we will approach you. Full membership is granted through a membership ceremony.
Back Room Access: For current members, if you cannot access the Back Room forum here, please contact me. There is vital information in there for your eyes only!
Guild Structure: We are discussing guild structure in this new galaxy. As of now, we are looking for a volunteer to act as 'Ambassador' to the Eternal Flame, currently our only ally. This member will hang out in their chat channels, and keep us (and them) abreast of goings on. If you are interested, let me know.
Empire Activity: We're discussing ways to help us stay one step ahead of the Empire in our efforts. Visit the Back Room for more information.
That's about it for now, stay tuned for our next announced meeting!

Fireangel
January 16th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Thursdays or any day is fine with me. You've been making an extended effort on Thursdays to group. I've noticed it. Thank you, Daylar.

Exaelitus
January 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I'm just a Recruit, but just in case you wanted my feedback also:

1) Thursdays would be great! Friday I get home from work and I'm ready for bed, Sunday night I'm preparing for the nightmare that is Monday. Otherwise any other day would be good too. However, since I'm on the West coast, any events earlier than 6pm PST / 3pm EST (? I got that one right?) I would be unable to attend. Generally on Weekdays I need to be in bed around 11pm PST / 2am EST. Events during Sat night I have no bedtime. (Yay! I knew being an Adult would be cool somehow!)

2) It might help the grouping situation if we can find common ground for informal "regular groups", say someone to help encourage grouping at every 10 levels or so. For example, some Member could log on with their level 5 at a certain time and form a group and invite level 1-10 guildies to help with each-other's quests. [Prehaps at 5 level increments instead] However, given the small guild footprint in SWTOR at the moment, and the game mechanics I don't know if this is a useful suggestion or not.

3) As long as I can tag-along with Mysti most of the time, and generally participate with the Guild in most of the major events, I have no problem being a Recruit indefinitely. I've heard how great BH is to be a part of, and I know even we Recruits aren't looked down on. ;P That being said, I do hope that I can participate on any "Empire involvement" -- as a Pen-and-Paper RPG fan, whose done a lot of GMing, I like playing a variety of characters so I do play a non-trivial amount of time on "the other side", having at least one of those characters involved would be nice.

4) - I dunno if it's a Recruit thing, or what but the login timeout on the forums is pretty harsh, I'm having to re-login by the time I finish by "bio details" or even this reply!

Thanks again for inviting me into the Guild, thanks for listening to this feedback, and I look forward to playing and RPing with everyone!

Mystiana
January 16th, 2012, 05:40 PM
hopefully this will help out some